Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today's improv

I hope to record these more or less regularly. As I get a few minutes during the day, I'll sit down at the piano and just play whatever comes out. Usually I'm working over the same idea in two or three different sessions, sometimes more. But the idea itself is very, very basic--like here it's just some black key fourths and fifths in the left hand over a white key arpeggio in the right. That's the extent of precomposition. Then I just play and whatever happens, happens. This is from this morning. There's no rehearsal or multiple takes or editing or anything. I recorded directly to Facebook video using the camera on my laptop. So it's pretty raw. Love that.



--C.
http://www.theandofone.blogspot.com
If you're interested in knowing more about me, you can friend me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment