Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TAG Night in Trenton


I'm playing tomorrow night (Wednesday night, June 3) at Joe's Mill Hill Saloon, in the basement pub. I wrote last month about Wilbo Wright's experimental music series there, TAG Night. So tomorrow I'll be one of the performers.

I recently completed work on a CD, to be titled "Three Rooms", that has an opening and closing sound collage and seven new songs in between. Except for a handful of backing vocals, the music is all performed by me, mostly on my Knabe piano, with inside-the-piano work and some other natural and electronic effects to give it variety. I also do the lead vocals and play flute, guitar, hand percussion, marimba and synthesizer.

So I'll be trying out a few of those songs along with a couple improvs tomorrow at TAG Night. A second CD, of piano music, will be coming out soon as well and I'll probably throw in a couple of those pieces.

Also on the program are:

  • The Harmolodic Bastards (Tri-State), a Trio with ex-members of Bern Nix's band;

  • Dann Pell Moosic (Phila.), freeprov and rockabilly stick-twirler does a freak-folk set;

  • The Nurseryman (West Windsor), one of Wilbo's solo incarnations.

    Suron Song in Stag was slated by has the flu (for crying out loud!) and had to cancel.

    --C.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment